- Philadelphia pitcher Cliff Lee struck out 10 in his return to the mound against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Lee would also hit a home run, which was ultimately the decided run in Philly’s 2-1 victory
- Former Yankee Bobby Abreu burned the Yanks with his 9th inning home run to give the Angels a 6-4 victory.
- The Cleveland Indians defeated the Detroit Tigers in 14 innings last night, in perhaps one of the strangest finales in baseball history. The Indians won by a walk off in the 14th inning, except it was a walk of hit-by-pitch
- Despite injuries, David Wright and Angel Pagan led the New York Mets to a 5-4 victory over the San Diego Padres
- In a strange twist of events, former Miami Dolphin linebacker Channing Crowder has announced his retirement. Crowder has been a starter at LB for the Dolphins since being selected as their 2 round draft pick a few years back.
- The latest the owner-player dispute came to a head yesterday when league officials announced that ALL players will be drug/steroid tested on game-days. Additionally, the players are subject to an unlimited amount of these tests throughout the season, as well as up to 6 times in the offseason.
- Presumed Jacksonville Jaguars starting quarterback David Garrard is out with an injury, meaning rookie first-round pick Blaine Gabbert with start this Thursday for the NFL Preseason Kickoff.
- Side note..Titans RB Chris Johnson appears no where near ready to end his lockout.
- As the NFL Supplemental Draft nears, the Dallas Cowboys announced that they would be sending team officials and trainers to work out former Ohio State Buckeye Terrell Pryor, who left the school a year early after his involvement in “tattoo-gate”.