Please read the following to learn more about our data collection policies and practices.
1. Types of Information that may be collected
2. How is information collected
3. How we use the information we collect
4. With whom the information may be shared
5. What choices do I have about Prominent Ticket Service collecting, using, and sharing my information
6. What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information
7. Chat Rooms, Forums, and Message Boards
8. Links to other Websites
9. A special note for parents concerning privacy
10. Limitation of Liability
12. Correcting and updating personal information
Types of information that may be collected
The personally identifiable information we collect is used to facilitate delivery of products and/or services to our customers. In the process of providing these products and/or services, we require our customers to provide certain personally identifiable information. Specific details may include, but is not limited to the following and may be subject to change:
- In the case of contests, promotions, and/or newsletter registrations: We require all users and/or customers wishing to participate in any of our contests, drawings, sweepstakes, promotions, or newsletters to complete a Participant Registration Form. During this registration process we generate and collect certain personally identifiable information.
- The personally identifiable information that may be collected from our customers in completion of a registration form: Customer's first name, last name, zip code, phone number, age and email address. Winners of contests, drawings, sweepstakes, and/or promotions will be required to provide additional personally identifiable information such as a shipping address and telephone number.
- In the case of product and/or service purchases: In order to complete the purchase of a product and/or service, an online credit card transaction is required. During this process we generate and collect certain verifiable personally identifiable information.
- The personally identifiable information that may be collected from our customers in completion of a product and/or service purchase: The verifiable personally identifiable information required includes the customer's first and last name, first and last name of the credit card owner, credit card billing address, credit card number, credit card expiration date, customer's shipping address, phone number, and email address.
- If a customer sends us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
How is the information collected
We may collect information from you in several different areas on the Site, including but not limited to those described below:
- Registration: You may be asked first to complete a registration form and provide personally identifiable information; you may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to take advantage of certain features the Site may choose to offer, including, but not limited to, Newsletters, Contests, Forums, Fantasy or other subscription based services.
- Newsletters and Site Emails: We may offer free newsletters to share information with you about the Site, about us and our affiliates and subsidiaries, or about our business partners and advertisers and sponsors. You may receive a newsletter either by registering for a particular newsletter or in conjunction with a special feature or membership for which you have registered on the Site. You may cancel your free email subscription by following the instructions provided on the Site or, in some instances, in the designated area of certain newsletters or emails.
- Surveys or Voting: From time-to-time we may request personally identifiable information from you via surveys or voting polls. Participation is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information. At times, you may have to register to vote or to take part in a survey.
- IP Addresses and Click-stream Data: We may collect IP addresses and/or click-stream data for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and sponsors. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. Our computers identify your computer by its IP address. When you request Web pages from the Site, our computers log your IP address. Click-stream data is information collected by our computers when you request Web pages from the Site. Click-stream data may include such information as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other such non-personal information. When analyzed, this data helps us analyze how visitors arrive at the Site, what type of content is most popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising, and the like.
- Transaction Information: If you order any information from our Site, buy any of our products or subscribe for any of the services offered on our Site, we will ask you to complete an order form that will request certain information from you, including financial information such as a credit card number and expiration date and general contact, billing and shipping information. We will use this information to complete the transaction that you have requested, i.e., to deliver the information, products or other services that you order, and to invoice you. Such information is collected and stored through encrypted means for your protection.
How we use the information we collect
We internally use personally identifiable information about our customers to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyze site usage, to improve our content and product offerings and to customize our site's content and layout. We believe these uses allow us to improve our site and provide better service to our customers.
We may occasionally use a customer's email address and, in rare situations mailing address or phone number, to contact a customer regarding administrative matters or notices.
We may use information in the file we maintain about a customer to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
With whom the information may be shared
Information we collect may be accessed by a variety of parties, depending upon the project for which the information was originally collected, the terms of that engagement, and the policies into or out of which the consumer has opted. From time to time, we may send you offers from PTS, its affiliated properties, and our promotional partners based on the information you have provided us. In addition, we may provide information we collect about you with third party companies regarding promotions, sweepstakes and other opportunities / offers. These third parties are subject to stringent data security and confidentiality requirements and, upon completion of their fulfillment services, all information is returned to Prominent Ticket Service or is destroyed.
While we believe this disclosure of your information will result in opportunities that may be of interest to you, you have the right to tell us not to give your information to any third party. If you want PTS to keep all of your information we have collected confidential and not share it with any third party, please either email us or mail your written request to:
Your request must include your name, email address, mailing address and must be signed. (Signature only required for written request sent by regular mail). Please allow six weeks to process your request. After your request has been fulfilled, the only disclosures we will make are those required by law.
What choices do I have about Prominent Ticket Service collecting, using, and sharing my information
It is possible for you to use much of our site without giving us any personally identifiable information. When you do register with us or give us personally identifiable information, you will have an opportunity at the time we collect your information -- to limit e-mail communications from PTS and from our third-party partners. You can request at any time that Prominent Ticket Service not send future e-mail to you either by unsubscribing from the communication or by contacting us at email@example.com. Also, as mentioned above, there are ways to limit the information collected through technology -- though some of our features won't work if you decide to do this.
What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information
We use industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. However, please keep in mind that "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet and/or the World Wide Web.
Chat Rooms, Forums, and Message Boards
The Site may make chat rooms, forums and message boards available to its users. You are not required to provide any personal information when using these areas but you may choose to do so. If you post personal information online, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. PTS cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public in a chat room, forum, or message board. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these areas.
Links to Other Websites
A special note for parents concerning privacy
We do not encourage children to participate in providing us with any personally identifiable information. We ask that children (12 years of age and under) do not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor under the age of 13 years, please use our services only under the approval and supervision of your parents or legal guardian(s).
We support the guidelines and regulatory requirements provided in the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA): http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcams/kidzprivacy/index.html
Limitation of Liability
By providing us with any personal information you expressly and unconditionally release and hold harmless PTS and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected personal information.
Correcting and updating personal information
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as your zip code), or if you no longer desire to access our Site, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal data you have provided to us. This can be done by making changes to your profile, by using an option out message in an email, or by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org.